Saturday, January 22, 2005

"White Out" ***UPDATE** "PHASE 2 A Go"

The Phase two mentioned below that would dump even more snow is going to happen. Its up to 9.5 inches in my lovely little town.

Movies watched: Spartan, The Perfect Score
Beers Drank: One rolling rock


I also slept almost till noon, for the first time in ages.

********************************************

I have estimated roughly 5 inches at least at we are getting burried right now. Just out shoveling and its piling up like crazy. I cleaned my car off, and turned my back for a few mins. any it was covered again. Less then a half an hour later its as if I never touched it. There might be a break in the snow for some time this afternoon. But then more tonight when the system taps into more energy over the ocean.

Hows everyone else fairing? I hear its turned to sleet and rain near the shore. Whats it like out in PA Royce? Drew and I were talking about the timing of the storm. Doesn't look like its going to benefit getting anyones classes cancelled. I don't know who might get a 3 day weekend here, other than maybe the Beanz.

What could make this storm kick ass, is depending on if this other part happens or not. If you look at the radar map there isn't much left of the system. So without second surge it would wind down this evening. Though that isnt likely to happen. The baramoter is dropping which likely means its shifty energy to the coast. It could bring in some warmer air in the process, however if it might only bring it as far west as Vineland. Which would mean more snow all night long with the "2nd surge".

Yes, I am a total nerd.

Right now you can barely see down my street just total white out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we're getting so much snow. I wish it was on a weekday, but, hell, this is fun too. I think there's a very good chance that my school will be closed on Monday anyway. My school is great about closing when there's a little snow.

I've got about a foot so far. Not a bad start for this storm... My plan tonight is to drink -- a lot. I hope that's your plan too.

- Steve H

Unknown said...

Keith, I'm dying to know what you thought of Spartan. So far, the only other person I know who has seen it is Brant, and he loved it. I've been screaming about how awesome this movie is since I saw it in theaters last Spring.

keith said...

STEVE! Where have you been? I was going to call you tonight. Does that dude you had the accident with in Philly still call you everyday?

Yeah, the snow is fun. Hopefully it picks up again soon. Looking forward to phase 2. The winds will make the football game fun to watch tomorrow.

Spartan was good flick Drew. It was a fairly tight film its been awhile since Val Kilmer has done anything that I wanted to see. I would never have had rented it if you had no told me about it. Willam H Macy was totally wasted in that movie though, why did they even hire him to play that part.


I read your rewiew of the Perfect Score, and I pretty much felt the same way. I think maybe they did that ending to avoid an R rating. Could that have been possible? That the "bad morals" would have made it R?.

I am really in the mood for some Hitchcock films. So anyone that drives to my house I will pay them 20 bucks to burrow or have them sit and watch the movies with me. Of course they would be risking their lives and all but I really want to watch one. We have a Vertigo on tape from like 80s, and I really want to watch it but the picture is awful. Havent seen it in years.