Monday, October 25, 2004

"25 MPH!"

So, recently I was driving home from work and I was really tired. I have to work one late night to 9 which is good because I get to sleep in. However, it sucks cause I work at 8 am the next day.

Anyway I am driving home through Haddonfield on Warwick road and got pulled over. I was going 40 mph in a 25 mph zone. Now if you live in this area you no almost no one actually goes 25 mph here. I don't really feel I was going quite 15mph over the speed limit either, but once you hit 15 over it puts you in a higher fine bracket and the risk of more points.

So now in a week I am going to plead not gulity because I want to appeal that I wasn't going over 15 mph. This could knock the points down from 4 to 2. Now some people may have done this in the past and pleaded to some bizarre voliation that had nothing to do with why you can pulled over and pay a higher fine avoiding points.

So now I make sure that I am going 25mph all the time. Okay, actually go 25 mph sometime on a heavily traveled road. You might find a long line of angry motorists behind you. Driving up your butt and cursing you out. So, my opitions are to be a vicitim of a speed trap again, or be a viticim of road rage.

In the event that you are listening to traffic updates on the radio and hear there is a back up in the Cherry Hill/Barrington/Haddonfield and they don't know why. Just laugh to yourself and say...ah that Tucker.


It is very hard to do 25 mph on these roads since I feel like I am not getting anywhere. The same traffic light is in my field of vision for seemingly 40 minutes, and thats with no cars on the road.

On the bright side now I can try to use my commute to do other stuff. Yeah, I can like make a sandwitch and stuff. Gaze out at Bush and Kerry signs. Heck I bet I could jump out of my car and switch signs for neighbors who are pulling for different candidates, and jump back into my car with out breaking a sweat. 25 mph is that slow.

I am told that these rador things have a margin of error in it, so I hopefully they will give me a break.

____8 Days Left_____



1 comment:

Jenna said...

The margin of error is very slight and the radars are tested every so often. You should see on your ticket that the date the radar was last tested. It was probably recently. You can also plead no points and pay a bagillion dollars to do so. I don't think that going 25 mph is easy, especially on Warwick Rd. in Haddonfield. A pretty straight road with no red lights, they are begging you to speed.