Monday, October 25, 2004

"Image 2004"

Well they say image is everything, right? Well I guess you should keep that in mine Nov,2 right? I guess so. Here is my take on the image.


President Bush (Mr. Bush for you ABC news fans):

Well I must admit that he very often resembles some sort of a chimp. Not really one that would tear you a part just like the scared little guy that sits in the corner of the cage by himself at the zoo.

I think I get more nervous when he makes a speech than I ever did at college when I had to do presentations. Sometimes he gets that deer in the headlights look as his brain is sifts through files in order to get the right answer. The problem with him is I do beileve that he has dislyekia pretty bad which is why is a much better campaigner than a public speaker. This often makes him look dumber than he is. Regardless it doesn't instill much confidence when he licks his lips and rolls his eyes around before answering a question.

Sometimes his skin comes across as really sandy, and I guess he spends too much time in the sun or something.

Dick Cheney: A public relations nightmare. He always just looks so mean and angry. Making him come across as nice guy is like trying to make a box of rusty nails look cuter than a box of kittens.


John Kerry: One minute he looks like the lost California rasin, then the next minute he looks like he is 40. Thats the joy of botox. This guy always reminds me of the guy who is the last line of defense at a car dealership.

"Let's talk about that that extended warrenty!" ::whips out pen:::
Other times he looks like Frankenstien, or that guy who checks out his daughter's hot 15 yearold friend in those Lifetime movies.

When he was in that space suit he looked like a mutant tell-tubby. The times he goes hunting trying to appeal moderates or on the fence voters I think he looks like that bad father who takes his son to the ballgame to make up for being a bad dad.

John Edwards: When he is not standing around looking like John Ritter or standing on a stage giving tumbs up he is fixing his hair and flashing that smile. He is like the guy in High school who could go to the party late and still get laid without lifting a finger.


7 days left.

Will all the cripples get up and do the funky chicken when Edwards delivers on his promise to cure them all?

or will Bush stick it to his critics?


It's almost here then we can stop blogging about it and fight over flu shots instead.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's possible, just an outside chance, that John Kerry goes hunting because he's a lifelong hunter. Just throwing ideas out, here.

Seriously, it's not designed to make him look moderate, per se, but it's designed to reassure hunters that he's not going to take their guns away, which is true. And, he likes hunting.

That's actually one of the things I dislike most about him. While I agree that hunting should be legal, and so obviously should be the firearms used for hunting, I find the entire activity kind of bizarre. I just can't get my mind around the idea that you're finding pleasure in killing. But that's just me.

keith said...

I am talking about his photo ops and stuff like that.


I love to fish, then I kill the fish and eat them.

Is that on the same lines of hunting?

Unknown said...

No, I don't think so, but fishing holds no appeal to me. That's just a personal thing. I have been crabbing, and those crabs did die, but it was sort of incidental. This probably makes no sense, but to me there's a subjective, psychological difference between fishing and hunting. Fishing is trying to catch something which you may then eat, and, in the course of which, may die. Hunting is trying to kill something which you may then eat.

If you got joy out of shooting fish in a barrel, as they say, I might be a little creeped out by that.